1. JOSÉ'S PLAN
Mourinho set up his 4-1-4-1 system with Schweini playing as the anchor man. He gave the bench warmers a time out, so the smell of rustiness was everywhere in the first 30 minutes.
It was so good to see this man who had been regarded as an 'Osu' return to the team with a bang. He looked rusty initially, but an assist and a 'Shangalo' goal was a perfect way to return.
3. WAYNE ROONEY
Rooney is a legend. No doubt. But he haslost his striker instincts. Today should have been been a perfect opportunity to play Martial in the No 9 position with Rooney behind him.
4. THE JOSÉ - FELLAINI LOVE STORY With Fellaini's goal, expect to see More of him. United fans have to accept this: Fellaini is loved by the Boss, we just have to endure.
5. LUKE MAKES A CASE
A fit Luke Shaw is our best left back, and Rojo is better and more confident as a centre back.
.....In the end, it was a comfortable win with a margin that showed the difference i…
1. Against Hull City, United was supposed to cruise into the final in a latest model Porshe ride. Disappointingly, we rode in a smoky "Keke-na-pep". Poor display from the lads
2. For most parts of the game, United made Hull City look like 'Hull Madrid'.
3. The major issue today was the play in the final third. There was complete lack of creativity. This gave Hull city confidence and forced United to keep a deep midfield line.
4. Lingard should not be a starter for United. His work rate is good, but he is definitely not a starter.
5. Valencia was missed and Smalling needs to go back to the the bench. Eric Baily where are you?
.....A day of mixed emotions: A ticket to Wembley + an end to our unbeaten run. (Never expected to lose it to Hull city of all clubs!!).
Up next, Wigan....Happy birthday José!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED.
1 . Mourinho panicked against Stoke and as expected, pressed his panic button, Oga Fele. He maintained his 4-14-1 formation with Herrera playing the anchor man role. But Fellaini-Pogba @ the base of that midfield never clicked.
2. Carrick is our midfield ' Ororo oil '. Without himtoday, the midfield fluidity was lacking.
3. Why do goalkeepers and crossbars/ posts have their best games against Manchester United? Why????
4. Rooney may have slowed down and dropped form in recent years, but the man is a living Legend. In the Naija style, 250 'Gboza' for him.
5. It appears that there's something about Manchester United and this 6th position this season. We finally had the opportunity to go 5th (even if temporarily) and missed it.
.......In the end, a result filled with mixed feelings : Mata own goal plus a missed empty net, and Rooney's goal scoring record created in style.
Like Nicodemus, we ask : WHAT MUST WE DO TO BE ' SAVED ' FROM THIS 6th POSITION???
When a man who has a cupboard and cabinet filled with high profile trophies (including the UEFA Champions League, and World Cup bronze medal amongst others) says that The FA cup is his greatest achievement, you realize that England is tough!
If ever you have doubts whether the English Premier League is tough, ask great men like Scolari, AVB, and most recently, Pep Guardiola!
Of all the days Pogba's 'village people' decided to send powder for him to rub on his head in the name of hairstyle, they had to choose the matchday of the biggest rivalry in England - Manchester United vs Liverpool.
Manchester United welcomed Liverpool to the Theatre of Dreams for their second Premier League clash of the season. The game saw Pa Zlatan 'Ekwueme' Ibrahimovic snacth a late draw for United after being a goal down from the first half.
Here are five things we learnt from the clash;
1. A PASSION DRIVEN ENCOUNTER
That was a frenetic game,filled with adrenaline, and unsafe for any person living with a high blood pressure.
2. POGBA HAD A BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE
Nothing seemed to work. To add pepper to his wounds, he conceeded the penalty....I would have pulled him out instead of Carrick if I was Mou.
3. LIVERPOOL CAME WITH A FANTASTIC TACTICAL PLAN
Press United high, zone mark, and squeeze out Carrick the fulcrum of the midfield. It worked well as United had fewer chances than they've had in recent games.
4. VALENCIA HAS BECOME UNMARKABLE
He is probably United's most consistent player this season. He was fantastic today, totally dominating the right flank with marauding runs m…
Manchester United star summer signing Henrikh 'Nwokeoma' Mhkhitaryan has claimed the Premier League Goal Of The Month for December with his strike against Sunderland, despite a good section of our 'bad bele' rivals hating on the legendary scorpion kick goal because of 'common' small offside, common offside 'oh'.
It is no longer a rumour, it is no longer a bad omen, it is not a nightmare, it's official - Manchester United's Belgian defensive midfielder (abi attacking midfielder sef, maybe just midfield header) has signed a contract extension keeping him at the club till the summer of 2018.